Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Quiet Season

This time of year is almost always very quiet in the dog grooming side of the world.  As such, it turned out that I had no dogs on my book today so I get an extra-extra long weekend!  Again, I'm hanging out at a Tim Horton's for their free Wifi (thank you) as explornet has assured Anthony that it will be another two weeks before they can activate our access but they fully intend to continue collecting money from the account... Oops, that's another blog post for another blog altogether! 

Carrying on!

I like this time of year.  We go so hard consistently from April right through to fall it's nice to have things get quiet again and relax a bit.  I still do a couple of first-aid clinics in the winter, I don't mind that - rather enjoy it really, but no trick-horse clinics in the winter.  It's not worth the risks of trying to haul JJ around on questionable roads. 

Really, I'm so damn lucky!



I also try to spend more time with the foals since they've been weaned.  Most of the herd is disbursed.  I feel much less anxious now that they're all in their new homes with their new people and settled.  Little Thursday and Billy are still hanging out at the farm with Old Man Bucky, the nanny.  He's so good with them for the first few months of weaning but eventually he gets sick of their neediness and wants out!  That's alright though, there's always others to put in...

Her ears... she's growing into them super well, but I loooved them!
I think I'll head to the barn and spend some quality time with the JJ boy before I pick up Ali from daycare.  Just hang out and maybe go for a ride if someone's around.  No stress, just enjoyment.

Happy Horseing!

2 comments:

  1. Xplornet is awful, in pretty much every way. You should see if you are in the coverage area for MCSNet. That's our provider and we've been super happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyment and downtime make all the stress & running around with it

    ReplyDelete