Monday, June 20, 2016

Beaumont Parade

As much as I can, I'm trying to do new things. 

My silly Standardbred is wonderful.  But he will never be a dressage horse.  I'm ok with that, all sorts of ok with that.  He's Mr. Dependable and I can do so many other things with him like schooling out cross country, going for a hack, hauling to a barn to work on trail obstacles, whatever! 

Last weekend was another new experience.  We rode in the Beaumont parade!  A friend of mine is organizing a fair that will adopt the Battle of the Breeds formerly run by Spruce Meadows.  Unfortunately I won't be able to be at the fair (Brooks that weekend) but I was able to join in the parade with Mr. Superpants! 

To say that it was a BIG environment would be a true understatement.  Poor fella was a little out of his skin starting out but, while waiting to start moving, I worked with him on the ground, like we always do.  He relaxed, I mounted up and off we went! 

In all fairness to my colour coordination, the fair's colours are purple and red so I was dressed perfectly. 

JJ was excited.  He doesn't love walking slowly in a crowded area but he did his utter best.  An extra ad-lib rear or two got a lot of response from the crowd but I decided that since it wasn't helping him relax, I would dismount and work with him on the ground instead.  Besides, we do a way better wave and Spanish walk in hand. 

The crowd gathered was approximated at over 4000 this year and JJ made himself memorable. 

Set up for a perfectly timed shot.  Yes, this was on purpose, I was cuing him from on the ground.

Good days.  Good times, good new adventures!

Happy horseing!


No comments:

Post a Comment