Sunday, July 17, 2016

Can it Always be That Fun?!!!

Yesterday Princess met her new mom.  It was one of those pairings that you always hope for.  Princess took to Jessica like a duck to water.  She followed her, stayed with her, felt totally relaxed with her, just perfect! 
I've been so proud of that filly since the word go, but watching her with someone brand new, behaving like the little all-star I know her to be, was totally heartwarming!  From coming up to us in the pasture with the other horses and being haltered by Jessica, coming out of the pasture and seeing a brand-new trailer that wasn't like anything she'd been in before, getting boots put on all four legs (and the chicken walk that comes with it!) to getting on the trailer with Jessica without hesitation.  Everything worked, perfectly. 

In addition to the filly being brilliant with her new mom, it just so happens that Jessica (and brother/travel companion Jeremy) were fantastic company!  I mean really, anyone who brings wine to my house is going to be in my good books, but bring me two bottles and fantastic conversation, and you'll have a welcome home for eternity! 



I got this mom, no problem!
Our travelers got a very early start this morning and I only heard the door to the house close so I didn't get up to see them out.  I think it's a good thing.  I'm feeling all misty inside with my little girl heading hours and hours away to a home in another province.  I know she'll do well and adjust without issue.  She has a very caring human who will, no doubt, take exceptional care of her.  It has been a delight working with Jessica and we've both been so excited to make this happen. 

My sincere congratulations and best wishes on a very exciting future! 

 
 
 
Happy Horseing!




No comments:

Post a Comment