Sunday, July 31, 2016

This Made Me SO Happy!

I have some incredible friends.  Truly, I am blessed and fortunate to have several incredible friends, many of whom are also involved in this crazy equine business.  Today, I had the delightful good fortune to put one of my favorite couples and one of my most brilliant foals together. 

Let me back up and give you some input.  I'd had super-high recommendations for Sawatzky Equine Services when I was looking to have Ritchie started under saddle.  That's where my relationship with Roland and Cindy started.  Roland enjoyed the Ritchie boy almost as much as I do, so much so that he took him for a year on lease from me.  During that time, they bred Cindy's eventing mare to him.  Most unfortunately the mare was not able to catch and carry and the prognosis is very dim for her being able to catch and carry without a very high cost and still a high risk. 

While Ritchie was with them, I had them stand a mare for me.  Lilyana (Lana) has a nearly invisible heat.  Truly, I'd never seen her covered when she conceived Princess.  On an incredible read and sensitivity, Roland selected the right day and the mare was covered, ONCE!  11 months later, there was Lirio. 

It seems so incredibly fitting that this magical filly be part of the Sawatzky family.  I'm thrilled that we were able to make it happen and I'm so excited about what the future has in store for all of them and their "Rio" filly. 

Unlike Princess's departure, Rio was a little less amiable and a lot more muddy!  Despite that, it seems that she and her dam have settled in well at their new home (until weaning anyways, then Lana heads to Calgary!)  I'm sure I'm the most excited of everyone about this new partnership.  It takes a few years before they're ready to really go out and DO things now...

Mud and all, they took Rio home!
My sincere congratulations, best wishes and thanks to Sawatzky Equine Services on their new acquisition of Lirio SE. 

Happy Horseing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment