Monday, July 11, 2022

Mr. Fabulous

 Over the last month, I've been working regularly with Ritchie to bring him back into shape, fitness and addressing body soreness, balance and stretching.  He's coming along really well.  One of the biggest bonuses of boarding with Sawatzkys is the constant variety of obstacles in the arena, and access to a giant obstacle playground outside.  Having Ritchie climb things has really done wonders for his strength in his hind quarters and the reach in his front end. 

While life has been more than a little crazy over the last month, Sunday gave Ritchie and I the opportunity of a perfectly quiet arena and loads of space.  Rather than tacking him up, I decided why not let him run around outside and stretch his legs without my interference??!  So out he went.  As soon as I unclipped his lead rope in the outdoor arena, I started taking pictures.  Happy would be a gross understatement, I believe.  

Once he'd had his fill of running around, we went out to the playground and worked over some obstacles.  There's a bunch of telephone poles on the ground of various heights as well as tables and moguls.  This time, he was far more confident negotiating them all. 

We finished with some grazing and a good grooming.  Such a happy boy.  



Graceful... 

Happy Horseing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment