Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Spring!

Welcome to May!  We're finally free of snow - although this weekend is the May long weekend and snow is always fair game.  
Currently we're waiting the last 5 ish weeks for our two mares to foal.  Both were confirmed in foal and checked in the fall.  Fingers crossed there's no issues and we have healthy babies and mamas on the other side. 

I've completed my shadowing and scribing time needed for my AEF judging credentials.  Now I'm waiting to hear about their mandatory education seminar and then I should be a provincially certified judge.  

We're taking the littles to a clinic and show on the last weekend of the month.  I expect it will be really good exposure for Phillippe and the kids.  Ali and I are taking our good friend Kelsey and her daughter Autumn.  Neither have shown before - Autumn is 6.  They have a darling one-eyed pony named Willy.  We'll pack up all 3 littles, Jasmine's coming too, and get some good experience and exposure.  Maybe even some ribbons in the end!  
Stinkin Cutie he is!


I feel I have fly sheets coming out the wazoo.  Everything has a fly sheet, even all the minis.  I don't have fly sheets for the foals, hopefully I won't need to get them.  


Found a neat Canadian company for feed supplements.  Mad Barn is my new favorite.  I've got supplements on subscription for really good prices, delivered to my door! Highly recommend checking them out.  www.madbarn.ca 

And Trent bought me a lovely pair of custom boots for my birthday.  I love how he spoils me and enables my hobby.  
I think that's it for now.  I'm sure there'll be lots of updates to come soon. 

As always, Happy Horseing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment