Friday, May 27, 2016

Adventures!

If you would have told me 5 years ago half the places I would go with my $400 Standardbred gelding, I would have called you a liar. 

I have a very soft spot in my heart for the military, specifically the Lord Strathcona's Horse Royal Canadian Mounted Troop.  If it wasn't for the mounted troop, I likely would not have met my partner in life, Anthony.  Jose has been living at the garrison saddle club for the last several months and today was the mounted troop's season opener ride and BBQ.  We were invited to attend the ride from the first-aid clinic I'd done previously for the troop.  I offered them a little pre-show entertainment for their amusement, and they accepted! 

Jose and I opened the show with some fun tricks, a bunch of laughs and a great experience!  The Brigadier General was in attendance and I know I saw a few smiles and laughs come from him.  More important than that, however, Anthony and Ali were there to watch us too! 

Ali enjoyed the ride, played on the tanks and the LAV, enjoyed her hot dog and got a brand new L over lazy S T-shirt. 

Jose in front of "Catherine" the Sherman tank (yes, she runs!)
A fantastic day and a wonderful experience.  Thank you to the LdSH SMT for having us participate today.  It was a thrill for sure! 

Happy Horseing (and tanking!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment